(Double Click) [to Close]

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Michele Levesque

Hi, let me introduce myself. I am Michèle Levesque, a training addict. If you want to know more about me, read these lines. I come from Bromont, a small village known as the capital of mountain biking and skiing. My parents were always active and instilled a love of physical fitness in me from a young age. I devoted myself to several sports such as gymnastics, figure skating and, of course, biking and skiing. I have always had an intense temperament and am always on the lookout for a new challenge, a new obsession. For years, I let off steam in track and field, where I progressed from the sprint to running 30 kilometres on the road! Running was my drug, my inspiration, my decadence, my release, until the day when I had to have surgery for knee problems. My world fell apart and I lapsed into gloom and despair. I had lost my best friend. My passion for weights and dumbbells developed from the time I was in rehabilitation for my knees. Aside from running, lifting weights was the only way I got satisfaction. At first slowly, then with growing intensity. I had discovered my second obsession! I set about being reborn and wanted to know everything about nutrition and training. One day while leafing through magazines, I told myself that one day I would be the person on the cover! But first I had to find a good coach to lead me to the top. Francine Savard of Proactif lit my path. That is when a beautiful love story was born between her and me. The passion for training! I have now lived in Montreal for about ten years. I came here to study kinesiology at the Université du Québec à Montréal and continue in massotherapy. I have worked in this profession for five years. In the near future, I see myself on the cover page of a magazine and I plan to return to studies in physiotherapy. On Competiting: I have been dreaming of competing for a very long time. I continued to dream and let time pass by until last November when I participated and WON my very first competition! The biggest challenge was to increase my self-esteem and confidence. I realized how important the spiritual side was and then it finally clicked. If I wanted to feel good on the outside, I had to feel great on the inside. I eliminated all my negative thoughts and concentrated on serenity and peace. Only then did I finally find the mental strength and assurance I needed to achieve my dreams. This competition has been a learning experience. By believing in myself, I reached perfect harmony between my body and mind.